Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Special Scrapbook

Scrapbooking is a wonderful method of keeping memories in an interesting and unique way. It’s not necessary to keep photos in plain photo albums, often without any captions. Scrapbooking allows you not only to put photos on attractive backgrounds, but also captions and decorations, including perhaps something like an entry ticket to an interesting tourist spot that you’ve visited.
Once you’ve sorted out your photos, you can group them into different themes, like birthdays, weddings, Christmas and school. At the moment I’m working on a before and after project. I have chosen eight photographs for a double page spread.
I select backing paper of either solid colour or patterns that will accent the photographs. Then I get coordinating ribbons, stickers or any other accessories that will add interest to the pages. Both pieces of plain board are topped off with a strip of the patterned board and I can now start to position the photographs. The largest ones I place in the middle, with the smaller ones either underneath, or above or scattered around the page. Play around with the photos and accessories to see which sequence works best. Once you have decided on that you can stick them to the board, remembering that it is very important to use acid free pens and adhesives when attaching the photographs and writing any captions.
So, here we have my completed double page layout, my ‘Before and After’ theme. The ‘before’ focal point is a large photograph of Henry. Henry smiling his big, toothy smile. The three smaller ones I have positioned on the right hand side of the main photograph; Henry in the swimming pool, Henry skiing, Henry on his beloved Harley, with a Harley badge next to it that makes a good effect.  Then the ‘after’ page I have positioned differently, but as you can see they complement each other perfectly. The three small photographs I have placed at the top; Henry looking shocked, Henry screaming and Henry full of blood. The focal point is the large photo of Henry in his coffin and I have stuck a piece of his hair next to the photograph.
Yes, that’s the story those two pages tell. The brief life of Henry.
It’s important to keep these pages in the correct plastic sleeves and in an album made specifically for scrapbooking. Memories can then be carried down from generation to generation and everyone can remember what is truly important. Like not leaving your wife for her sister. Or telling lies. Henry should have known better.

2 comments:

  1. You're right. He shoulda known. Honestly, I'm surprised there was enough left for an open casket, but then again, not everyone is as partial to power tools as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...Thanks, good point, Elizabeth.
    Great work these coffin makeup artists get to do today. :)

    ReplyDelete